Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spread More Love Campaign


When you are moved to do something, give yourself the grace to just do it and make it happen. 

Purpose.
The purpose of the Spread More Love Campaign is to elevate the frequency of love on the planet. As we embrace ourselves more, the things that we used to judge people about starts to disappear and we inevitably start to embrace everyone, not only as human beings, but as spiritual beings. This campaign creates opportunities for you to give love in an unconditional way so you can experience yourself as an unconditional lover. 

How it Works.
We will offer a series of themes and opportunities for you to participate in to “spread more love”. They will be hosted in NYC, however we welcome you to coordinate with us to create one in your city! (Email me at: info@LetsPursueYou.com). 

Let’s Get Started. Join the Spread More Love Movement.

May 2013

Background
On April 28, 2013 I was walking down 34th street in Manhattan, heading towards the F train. I look to my right and see a homeless man sitting on the street with a sign that said something to the effect of “Veteran, please help me eat or give me money”. Something compelled me to stop. I positioned myself right next to him, side-by-side, and I said “Hey, do you want something to eat?”

He looked up at me, and we locked eyes. In that moment I saw something so profound. The fact that he was homeless disappeared and all I saw was a human being. A young man that looked like a scared little boy that just wanted someone to talk to, to play with. He responded.

“Yes, a sausage with mustard and a pepsi please”. I say “OK, I will be right back”.

I head to the food cart and place the order, costing me $5 (all I had was $6). I walk back over and hand him his food and drink. Then I start talking to him. I ask him how long he’s been out here, if he has been looking for work, where he is from and if he has family around. He says he is from Boston, has been on the streets since 2006, couldn’t get a job, and that his mother killed herself in 2007. I listen. I listen as though his story really matters, because it does. We end the conversation and I head to my train transformed, with a new found appreciation for those that occupy our streets with no roof over their heads and no one to talk to, but hundreds passing by them everyday – saying nothing.

So instead of complaining about what the government should be doing to take care of our veterans, or about what others should or should not be doing, I am creating a movement to empower homeless people by offering a meal and a conversation, one person at a time.  

Theme:            “Those Without Walls”. Spreading love to homeless people

Dates:
·      Thursday, May 9th, 2013 @ 7:15pm – 8:15pm
·      Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 @ 7:15pm – 8:15pm
·      Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 @ 7:15pm – 8:15pm
·      Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 @ 7:15pm – 8:15pm

How it Works:           
·      Be willing and able to come spend at least $5 on one person to purchase his/her meal
·      Be willing to listen to and speak with a homeless person to get to know them a little more (though we will start in groups, my request is that you have these conversations independently)
·      We will have 1 hour to make a difference with at least 1 person each
·      If you choose to participate, as we get closer to the day, you will be emailed the meet-up location and additional information

Interested in Participating?
If you want to be a part of the mailing list, complete the information form or send questions to: Info@LetsPursueYou.com.

Thank you for considering and/or being a part of the Spread More Love Movement!


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and would support something like this in Columbus.

    ReplyDelete